Advertised jobs from the past 3 months show that the Microsoft certification is still the sort after qualification for employers. Trailing just behind was the university Degree, Prince2 practitioner and the Cisco certification.
There are now almost three times as many jobs advertised for the Microsoft certification qualification than there are for the university Degree.
Some facts about Microsoft Certification job roles:
* The average salary for a Microsoft Certified job role is around £35,000 ($50,000).
* Some higher level roles including qualifications for MCITP and MCPD have salaries advertised over £55,000 ($80,000).
* London and the South East have the most Microsoft Certified job roles advertised. With Scotland having the least jobs advertised.
* Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Biz Talk are the most commonly referenced platforms. With .NET, WCF and WPF showing a significant increase.
* Finance, Banking and Pernsions job roles pay the highest salary.