|games At the Playstation event in New York City, Sony revealed their Playstation 4 (PS4) in front of several hundred journalists and millions of livestream fans worldwide. The PS4 is the first of the next generation consoles and it's exactly what so many had wished for.
The new console, aptly named the PS4, will introduce new hardware specs to a stagnant gaming market. It comes at a perfect time as current games begin to look tired and developers openly voice their frustration.
The new PS4 will bring in unrivalled power and sophistication with the usual Sony style. Expect to see some impressive opening titles that push the console to its limits including Kill Zone Shadowfall, Drive Club.
- CPU: X86 CPU, enhanced PC GPU
- Memory: 8GB GDDR 5 -Typically reserved for high end graphics cards.
- Streaming: Integrated with UStream for broadcasting your gameplay
- Remote Play: PSVita is the ultimate companion for the PS4. Transfer gameplay from the PS4 to the Vita and carry on playing.
- DualShock Controller 4: Includes touchpad
- Digital Downloads: Games are playable even while they’re still downloading
- Companion apps: Keep in touch with games and other players on your mobile devices
- Playstation Cloud Services
- PS1, PS2, PS3 Compatible Games: Older games can be played on the PS4.
Now edging ahead of Microsoft in the next-gen console war, Sony has now taken the lead with their impressive console showcase. It's over to your Microsoft…can you top that!
Bungie's New Destiny Game - Not Being Released on PC
Bungie's new ambitious game is called 'Destiny' and last night we received a large chunk of information and concept art for the new game. Surprisingly the game will NOT be coming to PC and it'll be exclusively for PS3 and Xbox.
WarZ Developers Supposedly Worked on BLOPS and BLOPS 2
(Dec 2012)The WarZ fan rage continues today following the embarrassing cock up from Hammer Interactive. The latest victim is Hammer Interactive's Wikipedia page which was taken offline due to vandalism - presumably by fans. Don't worry though..
0x10c gameplay video released - Minecraft 2?
(Oct 2012)Notch has released one of the first gameplay videos for 0x10c, the new space adventure game which has many similarities to Minecraft. 0x10c is a sandbox sci-fi game, which uses a first person perspective and distinctly familiar blocky feel..