Battlefield 1 - DLC Release Dates
Posted in battlefield 1
Battlefield 1 is now well and truly established as the game that successfully brought back the World War setting to the FPS genre. Things are not finished yet - more DLC content is due for release in the coming months and here you will find all the release dates and information you crave.
DICE have been working on Battlefield for a number of years now and DLC is part and parcel of the game they strive to deliver. Unlike the traditional COD model with four regular DLC drops, Battlefield typically has between 7-8 DLC's throughout a two year period from launch.
Of the downloadable content, expansion packs are the larger "chunks" of content which usually contain new maps, modes, vehicles and weapons, whilst the the smaller DLC drops contain singular maps or modes and are typically free.
The Premium Pass grants players access to all of the DLC content for BF1, two weeks ahead of the official release date. It's an expensive option, costing roughly the same price as the standard edition of the game. The Deluxe Edition of BF1 also comes packages with the Premium Pass, working out as a cost effective solution to those who have yet to buy the game.
If you don't have the Premium Pass then DLC content can of course by purchased as and when they become available, although the total price for buying all DLC will surpass the cost of the Premium Pass.
Like BF4, Battlefield 1 does have a platform exclusivity deal like it did back in 2013/2014. We have seen from the many BF1 trailers that the Xbox logo was used throughout and the Beta period was open earlier for Xbox and PC.
Therefore, DLC release dates may vary slightly between Xbox/PC and PS4. I will confirm in the table at the end of this post for each platform but it's worth bearing this in mind.
What to expect from DLC
Battlefield 1's DLC looks set to expand the already excellent WW setting to include:
- New factions such as France and Russia
- New Elite classes
- More multiplayer maps from Eastern and Northern Europe
- New weapons
- More Operations
- Prototype vehicles
- New game modes
Many fans have already commentated on their desire for new game modes that would include a night mode, naval combat and air combat types. I for one would love to see an aerial dogfight only game type.
From the last true Battlefield game, BF4, we know that expansion packs are split into four main expansions and a raft of smaller DLC downloads. Indeed with BF4, the four expansion packs were: Second Assault, Naval Strike and Dragons Teeth and Final Stand.
Other free DLC included China Rising which was open to anyone who preordered the game, along with other packs such as Weapons Crate, Night Operations and Community Operations.
Battlefield 1 DLC Release Dates
The table below will be updated with new information when it's announced. So far we only know the name of the first DLC called They Shall Not Pass which is coming in March, however other dates can be expected to fall as follows:
|Unknown||Nov 2016||Update||Fog of War, Rent a Server|
|Giant's Shadow||Dec 2016||Free (Map)||New map set in the Battle of the Selle|
|Winter Update||Feb 2017||Update||Ribbons, Max Class Rank 50, Elite Codex|
|They Shall Not Pass||Mar 14/28th 2017||Expansion (DLC)||France faction added|
|Spring Update||Apr 2017||Update||Platoons|
|May Update||May 2017 (expected)||Update||Repairable AA, Many Bug Fixes|
|In the Name of the Tsar||Sept 2017||Expansion (DLC)||Russian army, 4 x new maps|
|Incursions mode||Sept 2017||Update||Competitive mode, built with community help|
|Turning Tides||Dec 2017||Expansion (DLC)||Amphibious warfare|
|Apocalypse||Feb 2018||Expansion (DLC)||Brutal tools and unique weapons|
They shall not pass (March)Video: Official TrailerConfirmed content:
- Four new maps (Verdun Heights, Fort Vaux, Soissons, Rupture)
- French army faction
- Frontlines gamemode (mix of conquest and rush)
- Steel Behemoth (Char 2C tank)
- Assault Tank Gun (St. Chamond)
- Trench Raider Elite Class
- Siege Howitzer (Stationary weapon)
- Scrap Exchange feature
- New puzzle melee items
- Unlockable French weapons with new skins
In the name of the Tsar (September)
With 6 x new maps, the Russian army joins the fight in the snow-covered ravines and a freezing archipelago.Confirmed content:
- 6 x new maps including: Lupkow Pass, Albion, Galacia, Brusilov Keep
- Double barreled shotgun
- Spear melee weapon
- Mosin bolt-action rifle
- New vehicles: Ilya-Muromets Heavy Bomber, Putilov-Garford Heavy Armored Car, Y-Lighter Landing Craft
- New game mode: Supply Drop
- Coastal gun batteries
- New Operations e.g. Brusilov Offensive
Turning Tides (December/January)
Take part in WW1's most daring amphibious offensives including the zeebrugge raid, the gallipoli offensive and more. Content released over two months, starting in December.Confirmed content:
- 2 x maps (Achi Baba and Cape Helles)
- Gallipoli (Operation)
- 6 x guns (M1917 Trench Carbine, Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16, Farquhar-Hill, M1917 MG, Carcano M91 Carbine, and Type 38 Arisaka)
- 2 x melee weapons (Naval Cutlass and Grappling Hook)
- L-Class Destroyer (ship)
- C-Class Airship (airship)
- New Elite class (Infiltrator)
Premium Pass owners get the content 2 weeks ahead of others, starting on 11th December 2017.
- 2 x maps (Heligoland Bight and Zeebrugge)
- New faction (Royal Marines)
Engage in the most infamous battles in WW1 with new brutal tools and unique weapons.
Premium Pass owners get the content 2 weeks ahead of others, starting on 20th Feb 2018.
- Three new maps: Somme, Caporetto, and Passchendaele.
- New mode: Air Assault
- New gadgets including the AA rocket gun
- Two new bombers: Hansa Brandenburg GI and the Airco DH10
- New melee weapons including meat cleaver and prybar
- Six new guns including the RSC SMG