At the recent Sims Creator's Camp, a small group of avid Sims fans got the chance to play The Sims 4 early. During the event at EA's headquarters they were also given the full list of controls and cheats which will help any of you struggling in the game.
There's only a small range of cheats so far but I'm guessing that the most popular of these will be the ones for more money, more Simoleans and the cheat to buy homes for free. Those three are really going to help you get luxury items and extend your family much faster.
In short, these are some the cheats you will find useful:
- Get more money and Simoleans
- Teleport Sims instantly to another location
- Buy homes for free
- Avoid death entirely
- Add any Sim to a family
It's worth noting that (so far) there are no cheats for earning rewards or completing aspirations, but these may be discovered at a later date.
Ok, if you've played The Sims before you'll be familiar with the process for entering cheats but for new players here's a quick recap…
Opening the cheat window
Before you use cheats during the game you have to open the cheat window (aka command console), which is actually a small textbox at the top of the screen where you type commands. Players can open the cheats window by pressing:
CTRL + SHIFT + C
A horizontal bar should appear at the top of the screen. This is where you can type in any of the cheats shown below.
List of cheatsHelp
- shows all the available cheats in the command console.resetSim [FirstName] [LastName]
- Resets a particular Sim.fullscreen
- toggles full screen on or off.Headlineeffects [on/off]
- Hides all headline effects including plumbobs, thought balloons, etc.Death.toggle
- Disables Death so that Sims won't die.FreeRealEstate [on/off]
- all homes are free (must be entered at neighbourhood/world)motherlode
- gives you 50,000 Simoleonskaching
- gives you 1000 Simoleonsrosebud
- gives you 1000 SimoleonsPressing Shift + ]
- Increases the size of objects
First enter the following command for more cheats:
…reverse the command to turn it off again once you're finished.
e.g testingcheats false
Now you can use any of these cheats by SHIFT clicking on objects:
- Shift Clicking on Objects - resets the object
- Shift Clicking Dirty-able Objects - makes object dirty
- Shift Clicking on Dirty Objects -cleans the object
- Shift Clicking Mailbox - resets Mailbox
- Shift Clicking the Ground - Teleports selected Sim as close to the clicked spot as possible
- Add to Family - Add the Sim to the current family
- Cheat Motive > Make Happy - Sets all motives to full and sets Mood to Happy
- Cheat Motive > Enable Motive Decay - Allows motives to change dynamically
- Cheat Motive > Disable Motive Decay - Allows motives to remain static