Tag: minecraftMinecraft 12w17a comes packed to the brim with bug fixes but Jeb has also thrown in a few extra features for us. They include the new editable books, wooden half slabs and some censored extras.
Following the successful snapshot last week that included embedded Single Player Commands (SPC), we would have expected Jeb to have had a week off. But no, there's no stopping Mojang and so we get our week 17 treat of Minecraft.
As with all snapshots, this one comes with some hefty bug fixes. Jeb's thrown in a few major bug fixes this time including fixes for the annoying pick block and entity collision bugs.
Full list of features
- Editable books
- Wooden half slabs in four colours (they act as wood and not stone)
- Standard book recipe has changed (you need leather now too)
- You can use the silk touch enhancement to collect ice blocks
- Bug fixes including a few major ones such as entity collisions, pick block (in creative) and chat
- Some extra secret censored features
New book recipe
An editable book is not the same as the standard book (which is crafted from 3 paper items). No, the new editable book is crafted from:
- A standard book
- Ink Sac
These should be placed in a horizontal line on the crafting table.
Remember you can collect feathers from chickens, books are made from paper and ink sacs are collected from squid.
Editable book - Video
If you want to give the snapshot a try, just use the links below..
Server: http://assets.minecraft.net/12w17a/minecraft_server.jar (exe)