COD WW2 Zombies - How to Unlock All Secret Characters
By now you have probably seen the secret characters in the COD WW2 zombies menu but how exactly do you unlock them? In this guide I'm providing exact unlock requirements for each of the characters that include the Mountaineer, Survivalist, BAT Elite, Assassin and a few others.
Players will be pleased to know that unlocking new characters takes a fair amount of skill. Challenges range from simple things such as defeating the Panzermorder boss or building the Tesla Wonder Weapon by round 6, to harder challenges such as surviving until round 30 without going down and even completing the main hardcore Easter Egg SOLO (saving Klaus). The hardest character to unlock is going to be the Assassin whilst the easiest is the BAT Agent.
In total there are 6 secret characters to unlock in The Final Reich and more will be added with DLC maps in the future. These characters provide a cosmetic appearance boost only, but in doing so, they're a great way to show off your skills in public matches when other players may not have been fortunate enough to unlock them.
How to change your character
Changing your character is a simple process. In the zombies "Lobby" menu select the button at the bottom of the screen which reads "Select Character". A little side screen appears to the left with a list of selectable characters.
Any characters with a ??? have NOT been unlocked yet and you will have to complete their unlock requirements before they can be selected, even in local play.
What are Sets?
Before we go any further let's take a moment to discuss Character "Sets". Every unlockable character is comprised of a character set and players have to complete each "Part" of the set to fully unlock a secret character.
For example, you would have to unlock parts A, B, C, D, E of the Mountaineer Set to fully unlock this secret character. If you had only found parts A, B, D, then you would still need to complete the objectives for C and E which would include surviving 25 rounds in Prologue and surviving 25 waves without unlocking the secret room in Prologue.
As you complete each objective (shown below) an on screen message appears saying "Obtained part A of the Zombie Hunter set" or "Obtained part C of the Zombie Mountaineer set".
More gallery images will be added in due course.
Ok, below are the unlock requirements for every secret character.
- Part A, B, C, D, E - Random reward for killing the Treasure zombie.
- Part A - Survived 20 waves without opening doors in Final Reich..
- Part B - Survived 20 waves without opening doors and without going down in Final Reich.
- Part C - Survived 25 waves in Prologue.
- Part D - Survived 25 waves without going down in Prologue..
- Part E - Survived 25 waves without unlocking the secret room in Prologue.
- Part A - Survived 30 waves without going down in Final Reich.
- Part B - Survived 30 waves without using Blitz in Final Reich.
- Part C - Survived 30 waves without turning on the power in Final Reich.
- Part D - Survived 30 waves with only starting weapons in Final Reich.
- Part E - Survived 30 waves with only two Mystery Box purchases in Final Reich.
- Part A - Killed a Treasure Zombie for the first time.
- Part B - Defeated the Panzermorder for the first time.
- Part C - Survived 25 waves in Final Reich.
- Part D - Unlocked the weapon upgrade station for the first time.
- Part E - Assembled the Tesla Gun by wave 6.
- Part A - Saved Klaus by yourself.
- Part B - Saved Klaus by wave 16.
- Part C - Saved Klaus in less than 75 minutes.
- Part D - Saved Klaus without going down.
- Part E - Saved Klaus without using Specials, Mods or consumables.
If you're looking for character unlocks for the DLC maps see below:
- Part A - Defeated the Panzermorder by wave 12.
- Part B - Defeated the Panzermorder without upgrading weapons.
- Part C - Defeated the Panzermorder with no Blitz.
- Part D - Defeated the Panzermorder without going down.
- Part E - Defeated the Panzermorder without Specials, Mods or Consumables.